Creative Arts Director
**Must be able to work in our office in San Clemente, CA. Remote applicants will not be considered.
Creative Arts Director Job Description:
The Creative Arts Director must be proficient in graphic design and art direction and will function as the creative point leader on the development and design of all PCC marketing and promotional strategies. This will include but is not limited to: the Sunday experiences and special events, social media and web strategies, brand design and management, promotional campaigns, and the like. This position will be responsible for effectively creating and leading (i.e. mobilizing staff, volunteers, and independent contractors), in order to consistently provide high quality creative content. The Creative Arts Director shall also manage an annual budget and work directly under the supervision of the Senior Pastor or as delegated.
DESIGN & BRAND MANAGEMENT
- Drive the quality/creative standards for the PCC brand and work in tandem with Lead Pastor to create consistency in brand messaging
- Lead efforts to design all art and promotional materials related to church-wide activities with a high standard of creativity, excellence and effectiveness
- Network with paid and volunteer artists to create unique design materials and video content
- Responsible for the look and feel of all promotional materials representing PCC
- Oversee the use of logos and images that represent PCC
- Oversee ongoing social media messaging and communication strategies, in coordination with lead pastor and industry specialists as needed
- Creatively build followings on various social media outlets including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
- Create sharable graphics and video content for social media (e.g. Facebook & Instagram, etc.)
- Proactively work to make sure PCC maintains an effective presence on the web including style/presence and new technologies
- Manage and maintain web graphics
- Collaborate with staff and/or volunteers to create video content as a means to expand PCC’s reach. The will include story development, script writing, interviews, testimonies, etc.
- Edit clips and create sharable video content for website and social media platforms
- Develop creative ways to communicate desired messages to the congregation
- Work together with PCC’s staff and volunteers in order to maximize impact
- Develop creative teams as necessary to accomplish communication/creative goals
- Develop a resource base of independent sub-contractors for outsourcing when necessary
- B.A. degree in graphic design, media, or related field, or at least 4-6 years of experience in communications/creative department
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Highly aware of current design trends, technologies and understands social media
- Basic video editing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and attention to detail
- Experience with project management tools (e.g. Trello)
- A creative, forward-thinker who is passionate about design and branding
- Able to manage multiple projects from concept to completion
- Excellent time management and follow up skills
- Action-oriented and displays focus, passion and initiative
- Committed to improvement, seeks constructive criticism, understands strengths and weaknesses
- A heart for the church, a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion to use creativity and communications for the Lord.
Additional helpful skills:
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS. Experience with content management systems such as WordPress
- UX/UI design experience
- Photography or videography
- Ministry experience
To apply: Send your resume and portfolio examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours/Week: Part-time or full-time opportunity. Min. 30 hours (Flexible Office Hours)
Compensation/Benefits: Compensation depending on experience. Benefits package available.
Location: San Clemente, CA. Flexible office hours available.