What is a Mentor?
"Mentoring is a brain to pick, a shoulder to cry on, and a kick in the pants."
- John C. Crosby
What is the Marriage Mentorís Mission?
To come alongside less experienced couples and help them develop and
maintain Christ-centered homes.
What roles do Mentors play?
- Modeling (living out an example to follow)
- Listening (helping mentorees feel understood)
- Encouraging (showing support and recognizing achievement)
- Comforting (lowering anxiety by normalizing experiences)
- Informing (giving timely information)
- Challenging (motivating to achieve higher goals)
- Inspiring (helping mentorees imagine greater success)
- Directing (resources)
- Evaluating (periodic review of performance)
- Accountability (holding mentorees responsible for their goals)
How can I connect with a Marriage Mentor?
Call the church office at 949-940-2600 x112